Friday, August 25, 2006

3 years

Let's talk about the 3-year element. In most dramas, the producer usually use a 3-year gap to show relationship transition, like how the leads get over the break up, death etc. 3 years seem to be an appropriate amount of time for people to get over things and move on.
It is reasonable and no one will blame for the change of heart.
I never thought that the 3-year element will happen to me too. I took 3 years to get over my ex and finally be able to face him as an ordinary friend.
He called me last night but I missed his call. I suddenly realised that I haven't dialed that number for the past 3 years when I returned his call.
There is also a classic mandarin song called '3 years'. I must say the songwriter is the most brilliant person on earth. He basically set the standard for transitions in relationships.
After 3 years, it is still mixed feelings. I would probably need a new direction to guide me to move on, like the leads in the drama serials.