Sunday, September 03, 2006

airport

Because of my new job, I have been going to the airport pretty often.
Airport is the place for arrival and departure, not for flights but for people. People you know, people you don't. People you care, people you don't.
Every Korean drama will definitely or almost have a scene at the airport. Most of the time is to stop either lead from leaving. Seldom is it for waiting for someone to return home. I guess departure is more emotionally gratifying. Arrival or coming home, gathering is always about being happy and certain. But departure is not. You are not sure what's waiting for you after you leave. Once you pass that departure gate, you are open to new adventures and challenges.
Airport is usually a cold, mechanical building, it's the people who makes it a place that can create drama.
To date, the airport has not created any drama for me. I am waiting still. One of these days when I am departing or arriving at the airport, I will be the lead in my drama.