Thursday, September 07, 2006

is eating important

Everyone needs to eat. Every drama has eating scenes. Every episode has a eating or drinking act.
Whenever someone is leaving, the last words you would say are: remember to eat, sleep well ...
Is eating that important? Do we live to eat or eat to live? After I started dieting, eating is no longer important, but just a reminder that I am still alive. Probably it is a reminder for some people to tell themselves that they are still around and someone still cares for them. It is an expression of affection. Simple but direct. Direct but filled with love.
When someone tells you to remember to eat, be appreciative. And when someone is willing to cook for you, you know you are loved. In the Korean dramas, the lead will cook some nice dishes if the other person is in a foul mood. I was lucky enough to have a guy cook my favourite dishes for me. I know he probably does not hate cooking but is definitely not his greatest hobby. I am thankful that there is someone out there who is willing to cook for me.
Is eating important then? Yes it is. It not only shows that you are alive and being cared for. It tells you that there are people out there whom you should love as well.
Diet aside, eat well.